The University of Manchester Conferences and Venues, Manchester
|Day rate from (inc VAT)||£34.50||£34.50|
|24hr rate from (inc VAT)||On Application||£95.00|
Large scale venues for national and international conferences, as well as year round day meetings and dinners in very inspiring settings, in one of the UK’s most exciting cities.
Our facilities are suitable for up to 675 delegates year round and up to 1000 delegates during vacation. Our accommodation includes our 3 star AA rated hotel, and our halls of residence offer a range of budget accommodation during the summer vacation. We provide a range of support services to ensure that events are successfully managed from the initial enquiry to the event itself. These include a dedicated sales team who will match your requirements to the right venue and event co-ordinators who are on hand in the run up to the event and who will assist you on the day. We also offer Confercare: a tailor-made delegate registration service, which helps take the stress out of organising an event providing assistance with online registration, website development, and accommodation bookings for delegates.
Our selection of contemporary menus have been designed to provide delegates with nutritionally balanced, delicious food and can accommodate any special dietary requests. Whether you want private dining for a few or for an international conference, our team have the menu to suit any requirement.
Year Round Venues
- Manchester Meeting Place is our dedicated day meeting venue in the city centre, with a range of meeting rooms for 8 boardroom style to 90 theatre style
- Chancellors Hotel is our own 3 star hotel, set in 5 acres of landscaped grounds with 70 bedrooms and 11 meeting rooms for up to 125
- The Whitworth Building is an elegant Grade II listed venue, includes the stunning Whitworth Hall for meetings and dinners as well as 8 boardrooms
Large Scale Venues
- The Renold Building is located in the city centre and only 250 metres from Piccadilly station, features 1x524 theatre, 2x296 theatres, 900 square metres of exhibition space plus 25 additional breakout rooms
- University Place houses the largest purpose-built lecture theatre in the Greater Manchester area, seating 1000 delegates, and also offers 25 flat floored rooms, 500 square metres of exhibition space and a marquee area
- The beautiful Whitworth Hall offers formal dining for up to 300 guests
- The Entrance Hall and Great Hall of the Sackville Street building are available for day conferences up to 300 and banquets for 150
- The Barnes Wallis room is a versatile venue for cabaret style meetings for 150 or 250 theatre style, or as an exhibition/poster area, or private dining for up to 400
Location and Accessibility
Piccadilly station, with its direct link to Manchester Airport, is just 250 metres from our Sackville Street venues, with a bus service operating to Oxford Road. All venues are conveniently located for the motorway networks.