The University of Manchester Conferences and Venues, Manchester
|Day rate from (inc VAT)||£34.50||£34.50|
|24hr rate from (inc VAT)||On Application||£95.00|
We are able to offer large scale venues for national and international conferences and also accommodate year round day meetings and dinners in some very inspiring settings, in one of the UK’s most exciting cities. Our dedicated team and event management service ensures events are well managed and run successfully.
Our facilities are suitable for most events and cater for year round meetings for up to 675 delegates and large scale conferences during vacations for up to 1000. These facilities include:-
Year Round Venues
- Manchester Meeting Place, our dedicated day meeting venue in the city centre, with a range of meeting rooms for 8 boardroom style to 90 theatre style
- Chancellors Hotel, our own 3 star hotel, set in 5 acres of landscaped grounds with 70 bedrooms and 11 meeting rooms for up to 125
- Whitworth Building, an elegant Grade II listed venue, includes the stunning Whitworth Hall for meetings and dinners as well as 8 boardrooms
Large Scale Venues
- Renold Building, located in the city centre and only 250 metres from Piccadilly station, features 1x524 theatre, 2x296 theatres, 1200 square metres of exhibition space plus 25 additional breakout rooms
- University Place, houses the largest purpose-built lecture theatre in the Greater Manchester area, seating 1000 delegates, and also offers 25 flat floored rooms, 500 square metres of exhibition space and a marquee area
- The beautiful Whitworth Hall for formal dining for up to 300 guests
- The Entrance Hall and Great Hall of the Sackville Street building, available for day conferences up to 300 and banquets for 150
- The Barnes Wallis room, a versatile venue for cabaret style meetings for 150 or 250 theatre style, or as an exhibition/poster area, or private dining for up to 400
We provide a range of support services to ensure that events are successfully managed from the initial enquiry to the event itself, this includes a dedicated sales team who will match your requirements to the right venue, event co-ordinators who are on hand in the run up to the event and who will assist you on the day and Confercare, a tailormade delegate registration service, which helps take the stress out of organising an event, by providing services such as online registration, developing and hosting a website and making accommodation bookings for delegates.
We have developed a selection of contemporary menus for any type of event from packed lunches to conference catering, formal dinners and receptions. Our menus are carefully designed to provide delegates with nutritionally balanced, delicious food and special dietary requests can easily be accommodated. Whether you want private dining for a few or need to cater for an international conference, you can be certain our team have the menu to suit any requirement and all of our menus are sustainable, designed to promote local and Fairtrade products wherever possible.
Chancellors provides 70 year round 3 star AA rated hotel bedrooms and our halls of residence offer a range of budget accommodation during the summer vacation.
Location and Accessibility
Piccadilly station, with its direct link to Manchester Airport, is just 250 metres from our Sackville Street venues, with a bus service operating to Oxford Road. All venues are conveniently located for the motorway networks.